A leader is the top of any organization. There are different forms and there are many tasks to be covered when creation of culture is in play. When you’re a leader communication plagues a very important role. It’s also good to be an effective listner because people like to know that they are being heard. When in leadership it’s very important that you pay attention to what’s being said and not just formulating a response. It’s always good to get an understanding to avoid misunderstanding.
When leading strong culture belief can be maintained when you set examples that you lead by. It’s also important to have coaching and development into play that will provide framework for the team. It’s also good to respect everyone , rather than down talk people. When leading people look at what you do or how the business is being ran. Good leadership is important because it can be the rise or fall of your establishment.
Bottom of Form
Role of Managers
· Explain the functions, roles, and activities of managers. Research two companies within the last 3-years, not described in the book, and discuss what managerial characteristics were essential to lead change.
Part 2 Write a 2-3+ page, double-spaced essay about classical, behavioral, and modern management approaches to leading.
· Give a brief history and the development of each theory.
· Discuss why the principles are important for managers in the workplace.
· Compare and contrast each theory.
· Give an example of how managers can use each approach to lead employees to change.
STUDENT SUCCESS CLASS
Graduate Student Success
Please answer BOTH of the following questions.
· Networking is an essential tool in professional growth as it allows you the opportunity to get to know others in your field. Please introduce yourself by providing your professional biography. This should include your name, educational background, and professional background. You may want to include your location and your extracurricular hobbies as well as this often draws others with similar interests to you. Your professional biography should be at least 2-3 paragraphs in length, but no more than one page. Be sure to be professional in writing this as this will be an important tool in your professional portfolio as many employers will request this along with your resume.
· Now that you have enrolled in your first graduate class, it is important to begin setting your goals and determining what is next for you beyond college. Some may be thinking that this is a ways away and that this is not important right now. However, one of the most important steps in your education and your career begins with setting your goals. In this week’s discussion, please explain what you hope to achieve with your graduate degree, both in the short term and the long term.
W1 Assignment “Personal Branding”
Graduate Student Success
This week you learned about personal branding and what that means to your education and your career. Your assignment this week is to define your personal brand. This includes who you want to be and what you want to be known for professionally. You will expand upon the steps that you will take to establish and maintain your brand as you grow both educationally and professionally.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
· 250 words (approximately 1 page) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below
· Use font size 12 and 1” margins
· Include cover page and reference page
· At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing
· No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references
· Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing. A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link). Download an example here