Program Evaluation Reflection Instructions
Use the 5 discussion questions below. Use the questions to develop a 3–page reflection on your new understandings of gifted and talented education and the importance of program evaluation.
The reflection must include at least 2 citations from the textbook, 2 citations from the Bible, and 3 other scholarly resources (peer-reviewed). Also, your reflection must include a title and reference page and must be formatted in current APA.
1. How does program evaluation influence all aspects of the gifted and talented program’s success?
2. How important is the use of student self- evaluation in gifted programs?
3. What polices could schools adopt to ensure that more gifted students are identified and served adequately?
4. In your professional opinion, what are “must have/non-negotiable” components of every gifted and talented program?
5. How can you work to prevent obstacles of an effective gifted and talented program in your school/district/state?
Program Evaluation Reflection Grading Rubric
Levels of Achievement
Reflection displays clear critical thinking. Insights are deep and connect to course content.
Reflection displays adequate critical thinking. Insights are substantial and connect to course content.
Reflection displays little critical thinking. Insights are superficial.
Questions are thoroughly discussed. Paper is 3–5 pages.
Questions are adequately discussed. Paper is 3–5 pages.
Questions are discussed. Paper is less than 3 pages.
All sources are scholarly in nature. Sources are accurately listed in current APA format.
1–2 sources are not scholarly in nature. Sources are accurately listed in current APA format.
3 or more sources are not scholarly in nature. Sources are not accurately listed in current APA format.
No grammatical, spelling, punctuation, or APA format errors are present.
1–2 grammatical, spelling, punctuation, or APA format errors are present.
3 or more grammatical, spelling, punctuation, or APA format errors are present.