The video case is available on : http://www.cengage.com/management/book_content/hanson_9780170227643/index-6.html?asset=barry_diller
Before answering the questions though, take a moment and look at the similarities between IAC and Procter & Gamble. Make sure you draw a comparison between the two companies when doing this exercise. Are there other companies that operate in a similar way?
- Describe Diller’s corporate-level strategy.
- Describe IAC’s level of diversification.
- What do you think was Diller’s reason to diversify?
- Is Diller’s approach value-creating diversification? Why or why not?
- Explain how IAC businesses and brands are related. Do they have related diversification?
- Is Diller in a position to over-diversify?