Dеscribe what tуpe оf health services yоur practice setting provides and the typical patient/client population using this service
COMMUNITY PORTFOLIO (SCHOOL NURSE)
1. Dеscribe what tуpe оf health services yоur practice setting provides and the typical patient/client population using this service (500 words).
I HAD MY COMMUNITY PLACEMENT IN SPRINGSIDE COLLEGE VIC MELEBOURNE. THE USUAL SERVICES PROVIDE IS FIRST AID FOR THE STUDENT, TEACHERS AND STAFF. THE SCHOOLS POPULATION/CLIENT ARE FROM KINDER TO YEAR 9. KINDLY CHECK THE SCANNED HANDBOOK AND https://springsidecollege.vic.edu.au/ FOR MORE INFORMATION.
2. Explain the roles and responsibilities of the nurse in the practice setting you have attended and compare your observations to the roles and responsibilities described in the literature (1000 words).
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SCHOOL NURSE IN SPRINGSIDE COLLEGE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
• MANAGING DAY TO DAY INCIDENT AT SICKBAY SUCH AS HEAD INJURY, ACCIDENTS, SPRAINS/STRAINS, ASTHMA, ALLERGY
• CONDUCTING ACTION PLANS FOR ANAPHYLAXIS REACTON AND ASTHMA MANAGEMENT
• LIASES WITH THE PARENTS REGARDING THE HEALTH CONDITION OF THE STUDENT
• ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATION FOR STUDENTS
• LIASES TO SOCIAL WORKER REGARDING TO HEALTH CONDITION OF STUDENT
• ASSISTING STAFF FOR GIVING FIRST AIDS DURING SCHOOL CAMPS AND EXCURSION
• LIASING TO PRINCIPALS THEN GOES TO CITY COUNCIL TO APPROVE THE SCHOOL ASTHMA/ANAPHYLAXIS POLICY AND PROCEDURES RELATED TO FIRST AID
• ORGANISING STAFF TRAINING OF FIRST AID AND CPR
• MAINTAINING HEALTH SUPPLIES AT SCHOOL
• DELAING WITH MANDATORY REPORTING FOR EXAMPLE IF THERE SOME CASE OF NEGLECT/ABUSE. CONFIDENTIALLY INVESTIGATING.
3. Find out how the practice setting you have attended supports LGBTI persons. Compare findings with the current recommendations from the literature (1000 words). Include artefacts (i.e. relevant policies, brochures, pictures of posters, short videos or voice files etc.)
4. Reflection on your community practice (500 words): Follow the provided Critical Incident Analysis, except for the “Impact on Studies” section. This part does not require referencing and should be written in 1st person.
Evidence is required that a wide range of relevant, high quality and recent literature has been chosen and analysed in support of arguments.
APA 6th edition referencing style for in-text citations and reference list
The post Dеscribe what tуpe оf health services yоur practice setting provides and the typical patient/client population using this service appeared first on Blackboard Masters.