This week you, will focus on Domain VI of the Certified Specialist Business Intelligence (CSBI) Study Materials:
- Sign in with your username and password
- Click My Account
- Click My eLearning
- A new window or tab will open. Find the title of the course “Certified Specialist Business Intelligence” and click Launch to begin. Continue where you left off last time, and complete Domain VI.
- If you have any questions with this process, contact HFMA’s Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
CSBI Domain VI: Relationship, change management and consulting skills
- Work effectively at all levels in identifying and defining items / issues of importance, (& what data is needed to address such),
- Regardless of leading individuals or groups, or presentation of findings to non-analytical and non-finance colleagues – capability to translate business needs into meaningful analytics while ‘Speaking in English’ is paramount. However – more than numbers this work is about developing relationships and will include advising, negotiating and managing expectations
- Advisory work in this context takes place on individual and team leadership levels requiring similar yet differing specific sets of skills and competencies the competencies in Leading change – engaging leadership approaches & methods – individual and group change management techniques
- Prove Value to ALL stakeholders (ROI to finance, quality to Clinical, process improvement to Ops, etc.)
- Define true measures of success before starting.
- Exercise Professional Leadership
During this course, you will spend two to four hours per week preparing for the CSBI exam, which will be taken this week. As you prepare, you will reflect on what you’ve learned in the form of a journal.
A journal entry containing your reflections on the CSBI content should be submitted for each domain completed. This week, your journal should contain one page on Domain VI, and should include the following information:
- Title Page according to APA formatting.
- Describe what you learned from the Domain.
- Describe how you may apply the information in your current or future career.