Part 1: Answer following question to discuss
1. Effective communication is essential for the establishment of a therapeutic nurse-patient relationship and the provision of safe,ethical and person-centred nursing care. Drawing upon the film and relevant literature and resources, discuss some examples of effective and ineffective communication (verbal and non-verbal)
portrayed in the movie.
Part 2: Present a personal reflection on the learnings you have gained through watching and analysing this film, including the identification of any gaps in your knowledge or skills and a plan for the changes or
improvements you intend to make to enhance your future practice.
Assignment will be mark against following criteria
1. Describe examples of effective and ineffective therapeutic communication in the film;
2. Identify and critique the use of verbal and non-verbal communication in the film, including the tone, volume and speed
of verbal interactions; body language; barriers to understanding; and whether communication ‘presence and authenticity’ were demonstrated; (40%)
3. Incorporate relevant literature and learning resources to justify observations;(15%)
4. Use reflection to identify any gaps in your knowledge or skills, and propose a plan for addressing/improving these; (35%)
5. Present a coherent paper demonstrating correct formatting, spelling, grammar and referencing (Harvard style). (10%)