This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a business requirements document and a project plan. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Documenting the existing IT network and system is an important first step, but you, the CIO, know that capturing the needed changes can be critical to your success as an executive. You know that procuring and documenting quality business requirements is an important step toward the design of quality information systems. Completion of a quality requirements document allows user needs and expectations to be captured, so that infrastructure and information systems can be designed properly. Using the requirements document provided in the course shell as a part of the requirements gathering process, you are to assess the needs of the company as it prepares to become a multinational organization. You must consider current and future trends and requirements; however, assumptions should be realistic and carefully considered. The needs of the organization should be documented. Later deliverables will focus on specifics of all requirements.
Section 1: Business Requirements Document
Write a four to five (4-5) page original business requirements document for the project plan using the template that can be found below.
Describe the project needs, including the following:
1. Describe the scope and analyze how to control the scope.
2. Speculate and give justifications for how to control scope.
3. Identify possible risks, constraints, and assumptions.
4. Describe the needed integration with other systems and infrastructure. Note: Database and Data Warehousing, Cloud Technology and Virtualization, and Network Infrastructure and Security.
5. Assess the human capital that may be needed to complete the project, ensuring that necessary skill sets are identified.
6. Speculate on possible outsourcing or offshoring needs that may be required to accomplish project.
7. Define relevant terms that will be used throughout the project.
8. Include cost projections for staffing, infrastructure, and other resources.
9. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Use the provided Business Requirements Document template as a guide for this assignment.
· Citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.