Business & Finance homework help
Operations Management homework help
PSB212EM Coursework 1: Airport Assignment (Individual)
This coursework aims to enhance your understanding of the role of the airport and its impact on e-
commerce in South-East Asia. Focus your evaluation and research on the following countries:
Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. At the end of your report, the reader
should be able to appreciate the complexity behind their airport operations and their airport
strategies to support the growth and development for the next 10 years.
To complete this assignment, you will need to complete the following tasks:
1. Determine how many major/minor airports are there in each of the five countries in South-
East Asia – supported with maps (wherever available) showing their locations.
2. Determine which are the solely cargo-oriented airports.
3. Choose at least 2 major airports and evaluate their current layout and airport infrastructure
and describe any current constraints encountered.
4. Describe and evaluate their airport strategies to support the growth and development of e-
commerce in their countries.
Assessment Criteria / Marking Scheme:
You will need to adopt the report format below. Use information and data obtained from text
books, journals, magazines and reports to support your arguments. Reference those sources
properly by using CU Harvard Reference Style (www.coventry.ac.uk/caw CU Harvard Reference
The Required Format of your report:
Cover Page ( with your key student details; Report Title PSB212EM Coursework 1: Airport Assignment) Table of Contents List of Abbreviations/ Glossary Introduction The main body ( include sub-headers ) Conclusion Bibliography/References Appendices
Word Limit (individual work): 2500 words (excluding Cover Page, Bibliography, References and
Appendices); Required range between 2375 and 2625. Students will be penalised for any
substantial differences. Do mention your word count.
Plagiarism will be taken seriously.
Marking Scheme: 100% ( Assignment Weight : 50% of Module Assessment )
50% Completing all required tasks
20% Critical evaluation and analysis
20% Style and overall presentation ( including spelling and grammar )
10% Source material acknowledgement and proper referencing (CU Harvard)
Issue Date: 8th August 2018
Formal Submission deadline: BEFORE 23:55pm, 24th September 2018 (online submission)
Submission Point: Online submission via Turnitin submission point of 212EM Module Moodle Web
– Please ensure that you retain a copy of your report and a dated copy of your Turnitin Digital
Receipt as proof of evidence of your submission.
Reassessment: For a failed module, any component with a mark less than 40% must be reassessed.
The report must cover the following Key Learning Outcomes with emphasis on the South-East
– Assess the significance of key roles in air transport systems including rules, standards,
organisations and administration (Learning Outcome 1).
– Demonstrate an understanding of the components of an airport that are required for its efficient
operation, in relation to air cargo movements (Learning Outcome 2).
– Analyse the nature and operation of air cargo and its significance to airlines, airports and to
society & worldwide (Learning Outcome 3).
– Demonstrate an understanding of safety issues in relation to air cargo (Learning Outcome 5).
S K Chan, Associate Lecturer