Discuss similar instructions on how to insert an NG tube correctly.
Write a 3-page paper that includes the following:
• A summary of your area of interest, an identification of the problem that you have selected, and an
explanation of the significance of this problem for nursing practice
• The 5 questions you have generated and a description of how you analyzed them for feasibility
• Your preliminary PICOT question and a description of each PICOT variable relevant to your question
• At least 10 possible keywords that could be used when conducting a literature search for your PICOT
question and a rationale for your selections
Write a 3-page literature review that includes the following:
• A synthesis of what the studies reveal about the current state of knowledge on the question that you
• Point out inconsistencies and contradictions in the literature and offer possible explanations for
• Preliminary conclusions on whether the evidence provides strong support for a change in practice or
whether further research is needed to adequately address your inquiry
• Your literature review summary table with all references formatted in correct APA style
• Restate your PICOT question and its significance to nursing practice.
• Summarize the findings from the articles you selected for your literature review. Describe at least
one nursing practice that is supported by the evidence in the articles. Justify your response with
specific references to at least 2 of the articles.
• Explain how the evidence-based practice that you identified contributes to better outcomes. In
addition, identify potential negative outcomes that could result from failing to use the evidence-based
• Outline the strategy for disseminating the evidence-based practice that you identified throughout your
practice setting. Explain how you would communicate the importance of the practice to your colleagues.
Describe how you would move from disseminating the information to implementing the evidence-based
practice within your organization. How would you address concerns and opposition to the change in
In addition, include a 1-page summary of your project
Correct Placement of a Nasogastric Tube and Verification
This a version of the paper I started
According to Polit & Beck, “Evidence based practice relies on meticulous integration of research
evidence on a topic. The emphasis on best evidence in EBP implies that evidence about a clinical problem
has gathered, evaluated, and synthesized so that conclusions can be drawn about the most effective
practices” (pg. 30 ). The literature and evidence I reviewed on the correct placement of a NG tube
discussed similar instructions on how to insert an NG tube correctly.
In majority of the literature reviewed highlights were placed on standard precautions, teaching and
patient’s cooperation during the procedure. Prior to the procedure the nurse should always review the
facility policy and procedure regarding inserting a NG tube. The benefits and risk should also be
discussed with the patient/family. According the article, Nasogastric Feeding Tube, “The primary risk of
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BLACK BOARD MASTERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Discuss similar instructions on how to insert an NG tube correctly. appeared first on Wise Papers.