Tablet Section Report:
Please prepare a one-page field trip report to address the followings:
· What lesson you have learned on this field trip?
· Summarize the company background, technology capability and services provided.
· Elaborate the impact of 3D Printer technology and manufacturing technology in the Central Valley, in the US and internationally.
· Discuss environmental impacts and regulations challenges
· Issues related to labors, customers, suppliers and government agencies
· Discuss any textbook relevant issues in terms of technology diffusion, technology determinism, constructivism, education impact, industrial impact, etc.
Online Section Report:
Technology, Entertainment and Design (TED) Talks: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. (https://www.ted.com/about/our-organization). Following is an example: 3D printing — this century’s most disruptive innovation?! | David F. Flanders | TEDxHamburg
Please select a technology video on 3D Printer Technology (Do not use the example given above, try to research a different video), UAV Technology, or CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Technology. After viewing the video, please prepare a one-page summary to include the followings:
a. Link/source/reference of the video
b. What is unique about this technology? How does the technology benefit the society? What are negative concerns of technology?
c. Was the technology development incidental, i.e.: come as a surprise, or incremental, i.e.: it endured a long development process?
d. Who are the winners or losers? Who are major providers and supplier of the technology?
e. Discuss any textbook relevant issues in terms of technology diffusion, technology determinism, constructivism, education impact, industrial impact, etc.