Discuss the chosen health promotion behavior–Alcoholic Anonymous is important to the mentally ill.
1. Discuss the chosen health promotion behavior–Alcoholic Anonymous is important to the mentally ill.
2. support your health promotion statement with at least two current psych/nursing journal articles ( I will attach the two journal articles!!! please try to just use these two articles. if you need to use extra articles, please send me the attachment of them (not just the reference), thank you so much! )
3. 3. Give name of agency employee interviewed. Summarizing the information collected in your survey: (the agency that I attend called Centerville fellowship group at pathway community church. the person that I interviewed named Denny)
a. Mission and goals of the agency:
to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety
b. Characteristics of clients served by the agency: They open up to all people (no limit of number, age, gender or ethnicity)
c. Services provided by the agency (list all): none
d. Funding resources:
donation from all members
e. Cost of services to the clients: no cost. Its free
f. Program resources: transportation, health care, social services, job referrals : none
g. Accommodations provided for clients with disabilities: none
4.Identify barriers that may limit access for the mental health client.
5. Evaluate the effectiveness of the specific activities provided by the community agency in promoting healthy behaviors for the older adult: they don’t provide any specific activities for older adults.
6.Describe how the agency does/does not provide services and activities that address the chosen health promotion focus:
They use the 12 steps to achieve sobriety
They also use talk therapy which everyone was sharing their experience and their opinions.
7. Discuss and analyze your experiences attending a meeting/event hosted by the agency:
• Are they achieving their goals? : Yes. If you have a high willingness to achieve sobriety and attend each meeting with a positive attitude, achieve each step, you will achieve the goal.
• What was the response of the clients/families in this gathering?
Positive attitude. People who attend the meeting were very willing to share their experience and opinion and help each other out. Their families are every supportive too.
• Did this include handouts, or other take away information? Yes. They have many handouts with different categories: AA for the elderly, women, teenage, special needs etc. There are many true stories shared from people who recovery from alcoholism.
• Is this a closed group of participants or do different people come and go each meeting? The group that I attend was a open group which is opening to everyone, and allow the group members to bring their families, to get family members involved and get some basic ideas about what are their loved one/child doing here, and how will they achieve their goals here.
This agency also has close meeting which only open to the fixed group members who may not want to share their experience to everyone.
• Was there an identified philosophy used in the event?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BLACK BOARD MASTERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Discuss the chosen health promotion behavior–Alcoholic Anonymous is important to the mentally ill. appeared first on Wise Papers.