In this paper, students will examine telehealth, discuss one specific emerging telehealth tool, and identify implications of how telehealth impacts emerging telehealth nursing roles.
1. Discuss the clinical and non-clinical uses of telehealth care and telenursing technology and provide examples
2. Identify the most current professional, ethical, and required safety and security provisions/standards for telehealth applications:
a. Professional e.g., telenursing professional organizations
b. Ethical (including the American Nurses Associations Code for Nurses with Interpretive Statements)
c. Legal (including Meaningful Use according to American Recovery and Reinvestment Act [ARRA])
d. Regulatory (address nursing licensure requirements for telenursing practice such as the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact)
3. Generate a table showing the major benefits and current challenges to adoption of telehealth applications for both healthcare professionals and patients/consumers. Support benefits and challenges with references within the table.
4. Analyze how telehealth affects patients empowerment and patients engagement in their own health
5. Discuss how the masters prepared nurse in an advanced practice role would evaluate the quality and effectiveness of a telehealth tool utilized by patients and families
6. Identify one specific remote monitoring system/telehealth tool appropriate for a selected patient population using telehealth applications.
a. Describe the tools purpose
b. Identify which standardized nursing and medical language(s) are captured by this tool
c. Explain how the selected telehealth tool addresses each of the three dimensions of the IHI Triple Aim
Access the Institute for Healthcare Improvements [IHI] website at /default.aspx
d. Explain how the masters prepared nurse will be impacted by the telehealth application
7. Analyze the role of the telenurse in using and educating the patient about this specific telehealth tool
a. What training would be needed by the telenurse and patient?
b. What equipment would be required by the patient?
c. How will the nurse use this system?
d. What data will be monitored by the telenurse?
e. What actions will the nurse take in response to transmission and monitoring of patient data?
f. How would the nurse assess the patient and familys response to this telehealth tool?
8. Identify two credible health-related web sites for the preferred patient population useful to ensuring this populations health status
9. Explain why (what specific aspects of the website) the masters prepared nurse would recommend these websites to this population.
a. Assess and report the reading level (readability) of information presented in one page from each website.
b. Cite the tool used to assess readability levels
10. Present a content outline of a teaching plan to educate these patients about how to select a reputable and credible health website to manage their health.
a. Reference the health website evaluation criteria for ensuring trustworthiness of the information
b. Cite sources
11. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 6 to 8 pages excluding the title and reference page.
12. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
13. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
14. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use we or I) and in a scholarly manner.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BLACK BOARD MASTERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Discuss the clinical and non-clinical uses of telehealth care and telenursing technology and provide examples appeared first on Wise Papers.