3. Individual Assignment
3.1. Individual Exercise (6%) (Stakeholders)
For each of the next seven weeks you are expected to complete a short case analysis based on the team mind-map developed by your team at the end of the previous class and following. From week to week the emphasis of the case analysis will change depending on the situation under review and the current course materials. Please read each week’s team mind-map exercise carefully!
1. Review the team mind-map (see team exercise below) developed by the team. Briefly summarize it (up to 100 words). (Include a copy of the mind-map in your document.)
1. Examine the mind-map developed by the team and choose one component which you think is most significant. (Please ensure the most significant component has a direct relationship to the materials in your textbook or other assigned readings.)
1. Present your personal perspective about what this component means in relation to business operations, ethics, and/or strategy. (200-300 words)
1. You must refer to one high quality academic article* with which you used to develop your perspective.
3. Use the topics from your text book or other assigned readings as search terms in the library search engine.
3. Read the article and make sure you use it as part of your personal perspective.
1. Complete a full APA style reference for article and any other sources used for the project (use the university library or other academic library sites for information on correct APA style references.)
Each summary, and perspective must be no more than 400 words in total (exceptions to this length limit will be permitted on a case by case basis). Note: being concise is an important virtue in business and while 400 words is not a rigid cap, wordiness will always be penalized. Make your words count. (Note: less than 350 words suggests one or more key components are poorly done.)
Your exercise is to be posted to the course Turnitin drop box for that week. You may wish to bring a draft copy to class for discussion and contribution to class discussions.
Late assignments will not be accepted.
*A high quality academic article fits the following criteria:
1. Peer reviewed
1. At least 10 pages in length
1. Relatively recent (last 10 years) or important in its field
1. Appropriate to the perspective you are developing for this assignment
GRADING OF ASSIGNMENT
Each week your assignment will be assessed out of 25 on the following basis:
|Area of Evaluation||Mark|
|Content Management (on target, concise, includes all components of assignment)||/5|
|Thinking (clear, free of cliché or stereo-type, fact based)||/5|
|Insight/Integration (sees connections, brings multiple points of view to the material, extrapolates to other areas)||/4|
|Uses at least one academic article (weighted by the apparent quality and use of the article)||/4|
|Writing style* (good English, well-constructed sentences, correct spelling & grammar)||/3|
|Content structure (well-constructed paragraphs & sections)||/1|
|Document style (well laid out, clear font, headings, using APA style)||/1|
|APA referencing* (Uses correct APA format references)||/1|
|Correct citation* (Accurate identification of source materials)||/1|