In this Application Assignment, you analyze meaningful use criteria to determine the authentic legal, financial, and ethical issues that may surround it.
Reflect on the information presented in the Learning Resources, focusing on meaningful use legislation and the “Ethics in Nursing Informatics” section of your course text.
Investigate the legal, financial, and ethical issues surrounding meaningful use.
Ask yourself: What are the goals of meaningful use?
1) A cover page.
2) An introduction ending with a purpose statement (e.g. “The purpose of this paper is…)
3) Summarize the legal, financial, and ethical issues that may arise as a result of meaningful use legislation.
4) Explain how these issues might present barriers to successful implementation within an organization.
5) Discuss ways that health care organizations can make the most of their electronic health record (EHR) investments in light of meaningful use.
6) Explain how EHR-related meaningful use legislation is being implemented in your organization.