· If using a long listing and no process modifiers, what is the swap space amount for the bash command?
· When using top command, what command would you use to kill a process?
· If you were not using top command, what command would you use to kill a process?
· What command would you use to manually mount the standard CD-ROM device /dev/db1 at /media/disk?
· What command would you use to display the amount of available disk space on /dev/db1 in a human readable form?
· Type in the command grep – – help to access the help manual. Using this information and the information from the text, how would you write a command to find the pattern 111 in a file called myfile.txt?
– Provide code and screenshot for each question,
– I often get the swap space for the full system as answer to #2.
– Once you get to “What command would you use to manually mount the standard CD-ROM device /dev/db1 at /media/disk?” you do not have to execute the commands. As a matter of fact, you’ll have trouble getting them to execute in the virtual environment.
– For output, I want to see a screen print or copy/paste of the actual output, not some descriptive text like “executed properly”. Without the output, I have no way of knowing if your commands actually worked correctly. This applies to all assignments in this class!