To prepare for this Final Project Assignment:
· Review the Final Project Rubric and consider the requirements needed for the Final Project Assignment.
· Select two developmental theories and consider how they relate to the topic you chose in Week 1 and Week 7.
For your Final Project Assignment: Write a 5- to 6-page paper (excluding the title page and references) that references at least four scholarly articles which include at least two unique articles for each theory you selected. (Note: The course text may be used as a source; however, you must have at least four additional references.) In your Final Project, include the following: DPSY 6111/8111: Themes and Theories of Developmental Psychology
· A description of both theories you selected and why you think they are appropriate for the topic
· A comparison of the theories related to the topic you chose
· Take a position as to which theory provides a better understanding of the topic
· Explain whether nature, nurture, or both, were emphasized in that theory and to what extent Provide scholarly support for your position. It is strongly recommended that you include proper APA format and citations.
Final Project Topics
Choose one of the following:
· Language development
· Why toddlers have tantrums
· Learning disorders
· Academic achievement: success and/or failure
· Acculturation (manners, mores)
· Adolescent negative risk-taking behavior
· Eating disorders
· Dropping out of school
· Parenting style/child rearing
· Development of intimate relationships
· Group affiliations (e.g., religious, political, friendships, special interests)
· Retirement issues
· Depression in late adulthood