How does the World Health Organisation define disability?
The following questions may be answered verbally with your assessor or you may write down your answers. Please discuss this with your assessor before you commence. Short Answers are required which is approximately 4 typed lines = 50 words, or 5 lines of handwritten text.
Your assessor will take down dot points as a minimum if you choose to answer them verbally.
Answer the following questions either verbally with your assessor or in writing.
1. How does the World Health Organisation define disability?
2. List the name and address of ten different government information websites you can use to find information on resources and services for people with disabilities.
3. Identify three cultural barriers you may encounter when supporting community participation and social inclusion.
4. What strategies can you implement to encourage community participation and inclusion according to your client’s individualised plan?
5. What is a community access plan?
6. How can you assist your client in forming one-to-one connections and relationships?
7. Discuss the different types of feedback you can collect. Who should you collect feedback from any why?
8. What principles are important to observe and practice when implementing an Individualised Support Plan?
9. Why is it important to monitor an Individualised Support Plan?
10. In what ways can you find out about barriers that may be affecting your clients during programs and activities? What is the best course of action to attempt to overcome them?
11. List four strategies you could help to implement to assist a high functioning person you support to manage a transport system.
12. Give your understanding of the rights and responsibilities of a person with disability. Where can you find out more information on human rights of clients?
13. What is active citizenship? How does this have an impact on your job role?
14. In what ways can the family or carers of the people you support, be some of the most important working relationships for your work role?
15. For what reasons might you need to get someone else involved when encouraging community participation and inclusion with your clients?
16. What is the process for review of your client’s goals, as dictated in their individualised plan?
17. How would you find out about the types of social activities your clients might want to link in to? What personal information might assist you with the selection of activities?
18. What services might you need to access to assist with community participation or activities for the clients you support?
Developed by Enhance Your Future Pty Ltd 1 CHCDIS003 – Support community participation and social inclusion Version 2 Course code and name