Write a paper of approximately 750 words that addresses the following prompt: The average U.S. CEO was paid approximately $12.94 million in 2011, while the average U.S. worker’s pay was approximately $34,000.
- Is this disparity in compensation ethical? Why or why not?
- How much of a disparity in compensation would be fair or ethical between a CEO and a worker?
- What factors justify the average rate of pay for a CEO? What factors make the average rate of pay for a CEO unethical and/or unfair?
- If you believe that the disparity in pay between CEOs and the typical worker is unethical, what recommendations would you suggest to make pay more fair or ethical?
- How does this disparity compare to that of CEOs and workers in countries outside the U.S.?