In terms of length, this paper should be between 8-10 pages, double spaced, font 12, Times New Roman.
Please do not rewrite any of the questions in your answers. You should number your answers so I can be clear when you are moving onto the next question, but do not rewrite the question.
you do not need a cover page, you don’t need to write an abstract, etc. PLEASE USE AT LEAST FOUR CITATIONS (NO WIKIPEDIA!)
Instructions: Focus on the topic of violence against women. Choose one subtopic in this area (for example, rape as a weapon of war or sexual assault on college campuses). Next, choose a specific country to focus on (you can choose the United States if you would like).
Six questions to answer:
1. You want to answer questions about prevalence, frequency, and duration (e.g. How often does the problem occur? How long has this been going on? Has the problem worsened over time? etc). Make sure to include statistics here (3 points)
2. Describe how individuals in this country and various cultures within this country conceptualize and think about this topic(s)? (1 point)
3. What are current laws and punishments that impact your topic(s) in this country? (3 points)
4. How is this topic(s) relevant to issues regarding intersectionality/intersecting identities in this country? Choose two identities. For example: in what ways is this topic relevant and impacted by race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, class, religion, etc in this country? (4 points)
5. List and describe at least two different systems, institutions, or processes that contribute to this issue/ problem (for example: capitalism, globalization, culture, poverty, politics, technology, military presence/war, history of colonialism, etc) (4 points)
6. Identify a non-profit organization or non-governmental organization that is addressing your topic(s) in this country. What are their goals/mission? How successful have they been? (1 points)