The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
1“Explain the interrelationships among theory, practice, and research.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the basic elements of the research process and models for
applying evidence to clinical practice.
3. Advocate for the protection of human subjects in the conduct of research.
4. Evaluate the credibility of sources of information, including but not limited to databases
and Internet resources.
5. Participate in the process of retrieval, appraisal, and synthesis of evidence
in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team to improve patient
6. Integrate evidence, clinical judgment, interprofessional perspectives,
and patient preferences in planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes of
7. Collaborate in the collection, documentation, and dissemination of evidence.
8. Acquire an understanding of the process for
how nursing and related healthcare quality and safety measures
are developed, validated, and endorsed.
9. Describe mechanisms to resolve identified practice discrepancies between
identified standards and practice that may adversely impact patient outcomes.”