1. Describe the clinical project and the intervention. State an overview of what the project is and how you will implement the project. Specify what is to be provided, to whom, by whom, when, where, and why. For an educational presentation, provide the educational plan to include goals, objectives, and content outline.
2. State the related health issue or data that supports the decision to develop this project.
3. Who is the targeted audience for the project? Are they students, staff, and/or patients/clients.)
4. Project Outcome. Describe the intended outcome of the intervention. Include what change in health status is anticipated from implementation of the recommended intervention. What is the expected outcome of the intervention? Include how you would measure these outcomes. On the Clinical Project Proposal, state the short and long term goals of the expected change in behavior/ ongoing change/ or long-term. (i.e. less absences due to illness post handwashing education; weight loss after proper nutrition training). Be sure it is SMART GOALS (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely).
5. Project Evaluation. What evaluation tool will you use/would you use to assess the effectiveness of your teaching/project? Examples include: observation or teach-back/ return demonstration, using a written evaluation tool, such as post education questions. What is the expected outcome of the intervention? On the Clinical Project Proposal, state the short- and long- term goals of the expected change in behavior/ongoing change/or long-term.
Examples could be: less absences due to illness post handwashing education; weight loss after proper nutrition training.
6. Upload a minimum of two research articles to support your clinical project.
This is an example of applied evidence-based community health nursing care.
7. Write a paragraph that relates the significance of the two research articles you chose for your project. For example: in what way(s) did the articles help you get a better understanding of the clinical project: its significance to the clients, staff, and/or community? Other?