The book of Job and Psalms
Scheme of work
(a) Prepare a bibliography to include books and internet sources consulted in support of the study. Bibliography is to be cited in proper format.
(b) Prepare an Outline of proposed Paper
(c) Write paper based on the below stated POINTS with:
Focus on the theology of the Psalms and the Wisdom of the Psalms and Job
The assignment will be divided into Two (2) parts namely:
ASSESSMENT on: The Book of Job and the Psalms: Focus on the theology of the Psalms and the Wisdom of the Psalms and Job
(a )The outline and contents of Job (AN OUTLINE , similar to a Table of Content with Headings /Main Points and Sub Headings /Points.
(b) The argument of Job and each of his friends
(c) The challenge of Elihu’s speech
(d) A general introduction to the Psalms, their theology and their role in Israel.
(e) The types of Psalms and the Analysis and function of each type.
Focus on the theology of the Psalms and the Wisdom of the Psalms!
2. BASED ON THE ASSESSMENT/ASSIGNMENT: WRITE A THREE PAGE ESSAY ON THREE OF THE FOLLOWING:
(a) The causes and value of human suffering according to the Book of Job.
(b) Theodicy with special reference to Job.
(c) The Lament Psalms
NOTE: BECAUSE OF THE LENGTH OF PAGES 3( NOT INCLUDING THE 1 PAGE FOR THE BIBLIOGRAPHY) FOR EACH ESSAY, PLEASE TAKE NOTE TO BE AS PRECISE, INDEPTH AND TO THE POINT.
* EACH PAPER SHOULD HAVE A BIBLIOGRAPHY ATTACHED
1. A Guide to Psalms – John Hargreaves
2. Psalms: Introduction and Commentary by J. H. Eaton – S.C.M. Press Ltd., Bloomsbury Street, London.
3. Psalms: Volumes 1 & 2 – The Daily Study Bible by George A. F. Knight, Westminster Press, Philadelphia.
John C. L. Gibson, O.T. General Editor
4. Handbooks for Old Testament Exegesis: Interpreting The Psalms – Mark D. Futato
5. The Book of Psalms: A Study Guide with Introductory Comments Summaries & Review Questions –
6. “Where is My Father’ by John Job, which is a study of the Old Testament book of Job published by the Epworth Press, London