Roussel, L., & Thomas, P. L. (2020). Leadership theory and application for nurse leaders. In L. Roussel, P. L. Thomas, & J. L. Harris (Eds.), Management and leadership for nurse administrators (8th ed., 23–42). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Gokenbach, V., & Thomas, P. L. (2020). Maximizing human capital. In L. Roussel, P. L. Thomas, & J. L. Harris (Eds.), Management and leadership for nurse administrators (8th ed., 189–226). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Boamah, S. A., Spence Laschinger, H. K., Wong, C., & Clarke, S. (2018). Effect of transformational leadership on job satisfaction and patient safety outcomes. Nursing Outlook, 66(2), 180–189.
Fischer, S. A. (2016). Transformational leadership in nursing: A concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 72(11), 2644–2653.
Sherman, R. O. (2006). Leading a multigenerational nursing workforce: Issues, challenges and strategies. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 11(2), 13.
Describe the situation or case study you selected. If it is one from your professional practice (rather than the case studies from the course text), be sure to provide relevant details about the setting, situation, and challenge you faced.
Then, explain what you might have done differently in the management of the situation. Be sure to justify your position using the Resources and evidence-based practices from the literature, particularly as these relate to situational leadership and (as applicable) a multigeneration workforce.
· Review the Resources, focusing in particular on those related to situational leadership.
· Search a reputable academic/professional resources on the Internet to locate and analyze a peer-reviewed article related to situational leadership.
· Critically examine a leadership situation in your professional practice. As an alternative, you may select one of the case studies included in the Roussel, Thomas and Harris text:
· Case Study 2-1: Is a Leader a Leader Only When Paid? (p. 39)
· Case Study 2-2: Managing Conflict (p. 40–41)
· Case Study 9-1: Healthy Work Environments (p. 223)