Context/overview: During Week 1 you invented a product. This week you will target and position your product.
Write a 3-5 page paper stating your USP – unique selling proposition. Explain market segmentation or anything else that would help target your consumers and position your product for success in the marketplace.
Your target market section should address the following:
• Describe your target market, whether a business or consumer market, using segmentation variables. These include the use of demographics, psychographics, geodemographic, geographies, behavioral segments, or other segmentation criteria.
• Describe your rationale for selecting the target markets that you did. State why these markets are attractive to you as a marketer.
• Describe the market in terms of its anticipated growth, revenue opportunities, past performance, etc. Utilize our author’s criteria for segmentation to demonstrate that your target markets suggest the likelihood of success—the market needs to be identifiable, measurable, sustainable, accessible, and reachable.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.