https://blackboardmasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo2-300x75.png 0 0 Admin https://blackboardmasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo2-300x75.png Admin2021-03-20 09:41:362021-03-23 18:11:12What are the four mediators of the relationship between goals and performance?
- Describe three ways in which culture can influence the way an individual thinks, feels and behaves towards others.
- Describe three elements of self-concept that affect an individual’s behavior towards others.
- Describe how goals become a form of behavior control. How do the concepts of goal-setting and goal-pursuit affect one’s ability for self-control and guide behaviors?
- What does Zimbardo mean by the Lucifer Effect (see Video on Moodle)? What does this suggest about the situational context as a determinant of social behavior? Give an example of each as it regards to social behavior.
- I have said several times that “Culture” +” Self” influence “Attitudes” which, in turn, influences “Behavior”. Explain.
Read the article, “New Directions in Goal-Setting Theory” by Edwin Locke and Gary Latham. Answer the following:
What are the four mediators of the relationship between goals and performance? (10pts)
- How do you think one’s goal progress can affect their affect/emotion and, ultimately, relationships with others? (10pts)
- How do you think subconscious goals can affect behavior? (5pts)
- What are some of the explanations for cognitive dissonance…having contradictory beliefs simultaneously?