1. What are your responsibilities as an assistant nurse manager in regard to Isaac’s behavior problem?
2. What is the next step in dealing with Isaac’s behaviors?
3. How will you, as the manager, have Isaac develop more effective people skills?
This is your first position as a nurse manager. The holidays are rapidly approaching, and the hospital policy states that each unit will negotiate holiday coverage individually. You are already getting requests via e-mail and on Post-it notes for holiday time. Several staff members have come to you stating that they “never” seem to get their requests for holidays. Discussion among the staff members is creating dissension and conflict.
1. Discuss the potential impact of this problem on you and the unit staff.
2. Describe a minimum of one positive consequence and one negative consequence of this conflict.
3. Select a model of conflict resolution and explain how you, as a nurse manager, might resolve this conflict.