Submission: Write a case study report that will cover issues on Business Processes Improvement & Reengineering and Internal Controls.
The report should answer the following questions:
1. What are the characteristics of an SAP implementation in a hospital when compared with other organizations (i.e. what is different, what is not?)? What characteristics are specific to the SAP implementation in a Colombian hospital?
2. What challenges was VLF facing before the SAP implementation?
3. What were the driving forces and the restraining forces of this change?
4. What aspects of the implementation and subsequent use and improvement of the integrated information system did VLF handle well? Identify the controls that VLF put in place to help mitigate the restraining forces of this change.
5. If you were facing a similar situation, would you choose a phasedimplementation or a direct conversion(also known as big-bang)? What are the pros and cons of each choice?
Write a report that addresses the questions outlined above. The report should be of a maximum of 2,500 words, with 12-point font, double-spaced in a word processing software such as Microsoft Word. The report should have appropriate headings and subheadings (including an introduction and conclusion). The report must use academic journal articles to support any claims made. You must acknowledge the works of others (e.g. academic journals on which your report is based) using the Harvard referencing style. Any ideas or quotations must be correctly cited in the body of your report and a reference list must be provided at the end of your report. (Clarification: The minimum number of references should be 10)