Select 15 empirical articles related to your PICOT question.
PICOT question: what is the effect of an “in-class diabetes education versus giving reading materials in managing patients with diabetes and how it improves patient’s outcome
At least one article must demonstrate a quantitative methodology.
Part 2: Research Article Chart
Using the articles acquired in Part 1, provide a summary review of each component using the “Research Article Chart” template.
Part 3: Literature Review
Prepare a Literature Review (Chapter 2) of 2,000-3,000 words for your scholarly project.
Utilizing the major concepts ( definition of Diabetes Mellitus, Treatment of DM, Complication of DM, Costs of Treatment, Educating patient with DM) further develop each major concept and subtheme by locating 15 more empirical articles related to your project topic
Use the “Research Article Chart” as a guide to analyze and synthesize (summarize) the literature into the paper you began in the Topic 4 assignment.
Based upon your review of the 15 additional research articles, expand on your summary of each major concept and your synthesis of the three identified subthemes that support each concept. At the end of each major concept, include a summary statement.
Research Article Chart
|Criteria and Defining Characteristics||Article 1:||Article 2:||Article 3:|
After reading the abstract what do you expect to learn from the article?
|Introduction: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What is the purpose of the study?
· What is the scope of the study?
· What is the rational for the study?
· What is the hypothesis or research question?
· What key concepts and terms are noted?
· Is a review of the literature provided?
|Methods: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What is the population being sampled?
· What data collection procedure is presented?
· What other procedures are described?
|Results: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What are the given findings?
· How was data collected?
· Are the findings supported by graphs and charts?
· What does the analysis of data state?
|Conclusion: Summarize in paragraph form.
· What is the summary of the study?
· What is the conclusion of the hypothesis?
· What are the questions for future research?
· What are the total number of references used in the study?
· List two of the references used.
© 2014. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.