When an item-characteristic curve of an ability test has an inverted U shape, it usually indicates that
1. Factor analysis can help the test developer
2. As the result of a sensitivity review, items containing ________ may be eliminated from a test.
3. When an item-characteristic curve of an ability test has an inverted U shape, it usually indicates that
4. Ability tests are typically standardized on a sample that is representative of the general population and selected on the basis of variables such as
5. Which is a major difference between multiple-choice questions and essay questions?
6. The best type of item yields an item-characteristic curve that
7. Looking at the item-characteristic curve (below), a reasonable conclusion about the performance of the item illustrated would be that
8. If all raw scores on a test are to be converted to scores that range only from 1 to 9, the resulting scale is referred to as this type of scale:
9. The reason latent-trait theory is so-named has to do with the presumption that
10. In item analysis, the term item endorsement refers to the percent of testtakers who
11. Brotto and Yule reported that the development of their measure of asexuality was developed in four stages. Which best characterizes what they did during Stages 2 and 3?
12. A test developer of multiple-choice ability tests reviews data from a recent test administration. She discovers that testtakers who scored very high on the test as a whole, all responded to item 13 with the same incorrect choice. Accordingly, the test developer
13. The concept of asexuality was first introduced by
14. The development of a criterion-referenced test usually entails
15. An individually administered designed for use with elementary-school-age student is in the test tryout stage of test development. For the purposes of the tryout, this test should be administered
16. An item-characteristic curve includes all of the following EXCEPT
17. According to Brotto and Yule, their new measure of asexuality performed satisfactorily on
18. Which is TRUE of the latent-trait model of measurement?
19. These tests are often used for the purpose of licensing persons in professions. The tests referred to here are
20. A “good” test item on an ability test is one
21. Estimates suggest that approximately ________% of the population might be asexual.
22. In Guttman scaling
23. Generous time limits are typically associated with
24. According to your textbook, the minimum sample for a test tryout is