Each Response MUST Have 150 words each, Must include references and citations.
1. Describe a time when each of these graphs would be appropriate to use:
· Line graph
· Bar graph
· Pie graph.
Where have you seen these types of graphs in your personal life or in your job?
2. In this class, we all have different educational backgrounds and learn at a different pace.
Review the full syllabus for the six weeks of this course then indicate which weeks seem like they will be the most difficult and which weeks seem like they will be the least difficult for you.
What resources will you seek out for the weeks that you feel will be most difficult?
*See Attached for Syllabus
3. How to lie with statistics.
How data may be manipulated to serve the special interest of the preparer? I found this content to be very appropriate for our discussion, how to lie with statistics.
4. . Please see the following clip on the Mean, mode & median:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3aKKasOmIw Make comment
5. What is Standard Deviation?
Here is a more basic explanation of what standard deviation means. Perhaps some may find it helpful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09kiX3p5Vek Make comment
6. Difference betw. Variance and standard deviation:
7. S.D. of students’ IQ example
http://www.iq-test.net/Images/IQ-Scores.jpg Make comment
8. How to Calculate Mean and Standard Deviation With Excel 2007