Prepare a 3-page analysis that describes the appropriate stakeholders in the case, the ethical issues based on how the action affects stakeholders, and summarize possible decisions for the business based on the effect on stakeholders. In addition, include the answers to the questions below:
- Who are the stakeholders in this case?
- What are the interests of the stakeholders?
- Do any of the environmental laws from the textbook apply to this case? Perform research on the laws that may apply, and be sure to cite to an authoritative source.
- If they do apply, analyze the legality of the company’s actions in this case.
- If the laws do not apply to the actions in this case, explain why they do not apply.
- Are government regulations and fines simply a “pay to play” system where companies can simply accept fines and proceed with environmental violations if the actions result in overall profitability?
- Do ethical responsibilities change with relocation if the law in the new jurisdiction is different?
- Does the decision-maker’s responsibility to provide for his or her family outweigh his or her ethical responsibility to company stakeholders?
Conclusion and Recommendation
- Based on the above, as well as what you have learned about ethical theories and foundations of moral development, what is your final recommendation to the decision-maker regarding this case?
- Your recommendation should be at least 2 paragraphs and include at least three reasons, with specific references to authoritative sources, stating how you arrived at that conclusion.