Activity 1: Consider your Observations
Consider what you observed at the big box stores related to customer service. Then try to determine whether the customers at different stores were different or the same, was marketing inside the store and selling the same, and how effective you believed the customer service was.
Make an electronic graphic that depicts the best characteristics of customer service.
Activity 2: Case Study
Five Companies Successfully Targeting Millennials: Case Studies and Marketing Strategies – See more at: http://studybreakscollegemedia.com/2014/five-companies-successfully-targeting-millennials-case-studies-and-marketing-strategies/#sthash.Ky194dTi.dpufFive Companies Successfully Targeting Millennials: Case Studies and Marketing Strategies – See more at: http://studybreakscollegemedia.com/2014/five-companies-successfully-targeting-millennials-case-studies-and-marketing-strategies/#sthash.Ky194dTi.dpuf
Choose ONE of these 10 brands that got millennial marketing right.
You will need to do Internet research to find out more than what is provided on the page.
Use the following questions to focus your analysis of this case.
- Why did the companies decide to market to millennials?
- What effect did this have on how they marketed?
- What was the previous marketing strategy and who did it target?
- How have millennials responded to the marketing strategy?
- What is the bottom line – has the strategy been financially successful? Are customers satisfied or did the change negatively impact other customers?