Directions: Write a one paragraph response for numbers 1 through 5. Write a three page response for number 6.
1. Why should a First Responder seek training after completing the initial certification course?
2. Explain why it is necessary to take BSI precautions on each call.
3. Define “standard of care” and give examples.
4. Suppose you are caring for a patient who was involved in a motor-vehicle collision. She was the front-seat passenger, and the impact was directly into her door. Which of the patient’s abdominal organs may have been injured and why?
5. Imagine that you come upon a motor-vehicle collision where a patient has been thrown from one of the vehicles. He is unconscious and lying in the road, in danger from oncoming rush-hour traffic. What is the first step for this patient and why?
6. Interview a first responder, EMT, Paramedic, or Firefighter. Determine his or her level of training, length of service, and why he/she chose to be a first responder.
The post Why should a First Responder seek training after completing the initial certification course? appeared first on Blackboard Masters.