Case Report: Application of Theory
In this assignment, learners are required to write a case report addressing the personal knowledge and skills gained in this course and potentially solving an identified practice problem.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Construct a case report (2,500-3,000 words) that includes a problem or situation consistent with a DNP area of practice.
- Use a minimum of any two theories discussed in the course to develop the case report.
- Apply one or more theories to describe understanding of the problem or situation of focus.
- Apply one or more theories to the recommended intervention or solution being proposed.
- Develop the case report across the entire scenario from the identified clinical or health care problem through proposing an intervention, implementation, and evaluation using an appropriate research instrument.
- Describe the evaluation of the selected research instrument in the case report.
- Lastly,explain in full the tenets, rationale for selection (empirical evidence), and clear application using the language of the theory within the case report.
In addition, your case report must include the following:
- Introduction with a problem statement.
- Brief literature review.
- Description of the case/situation/conditions explained from a theoretical perspective.
- Discussion that includes a detailed explanation of the synthesized literature findings.
- Summary of the case.
- Proposed solutions to remedy gaps, inefficiencies, or other issues from a theoretical approach.
- Identification of a research instrument to evaluate the proposed solution along with a description of how the instrument could be evaluated.