· Write an essay about the nursing Health Care course.
· Follow the direction is a priority, and you must write about the topics mentioned in the attached is a priority.
· Minimum 3 pages excluding title page and reference pages (950 words).
· APA format. Plagiarism “Zero” tolerance.
University level -Bachelor’s in nursing.
Plagiarism “Zero” tolerance.
Write a reflective essay about “Crisis Intervention Strategies” learned for 16 weeks.
Topic learned and read from the book are:
· Approaching Crisis Intervention Culturally Effective Helping
· The Intervention and Assessment Models. The Tools of the Trade
· Crisis Case Handling Telephone and Online Crisis Counseling
· Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Read
· Crisis of Lethality
· Sexual Assault
· Partner Violence Chemical Dependency: The Crisis of Addiction
· Bereavement and Grief
· Crises in Schools
· Violent Behavior in Institutions
· Hostage Negotiation
· Human Services Workers in Crisis: Burnout, Vicarious Traumatization, and Compassion Fatigue
· Follow the directions and criteria for writing closely as indicate below (Introductions, Course Reflection and Conclusion).
· Will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
· Clarity of writing. Use of standard English grammar and sentence structure. No spelling errors or typographical errors. Organized around the required components using appropriate headers. Writing should demonstrate original thought without an over-reliance on the works of others.
· Minimum three pages (3) excluding title page and reference pages (1000 words).
· APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Time New Roman 12 Font. Double space.
· All information taken from another source, even if summarized, must be appropriately cited in the manuscript and listed in the references using APA (6th ed.) format:
1. Document setup
2. Title and reference pages
3. Citations in the text and references
I. Write a Course Reflection Essay about Crisis Intervention course and the topic mentioned above.
II. Follow the requirements directions.
· Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
· Introduces the purpose of the reflection and addresses BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) pertinent to healthcare policy and advocacy.
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse.
Reflected on the Nursing and The Aging Family course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course.Write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
Include a self-assessment regarding learning that you believe represents your skills, knowledge, and integrative abilities to meet the pertinent BSN Essential and sub-competencies (AACN, 2008) as a result of active learning throughout this course.
Be sure to use examples from selected readings, threaded discussions, and/or applications to support your assertions to address each of the following sub-competencies:
(a) “Conduct comprehensive and focused physical, behavioral, psychological, spiritual, socioeconomic, and environmental assessments of health and illness parameters in patients, using developmentally and culturally appropriate approaches.
(b) Recognize the relationship of genetics and genomics to health, prevention, screening, diagnostics, prognostics, selection of treatment, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness, using a constructed pedigree from collected family history information as well as standardized symbols and terminology.
(c) Implement holistic, patient centered care that reflects an understanding of human growth and development, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical management, and nursing management across the health illness continuum, across the lifespan, and in all healthcare settings.
(d) Communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, including the patient and the patient’s support network.
(e) Deliver compassionate, patient centered, evidence-based care that respects patient and family preferences.
(f) Implement patient and family care around resolution of end of life and palliative care issues, such as symptom management, support of rituals, and respect for patient and family preferences.
(g) Provide appropriate patient teaching that reflects developmental stage, age, culture, spirituality, patient preferences, and health literacy considerations to foster patient engagement in their care.
(h) Implement evidence-based nursing interventions as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients and promoting health across the lifespan.
(i) Monitor client outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of psychobiological interventions.
(j) Facilitate patient centered transitions of care, including discharge planning and ensuring the caregiver’s knowledge of care requirements to promote safe care.
(k) Provide nursing care based on evidence that contributes to safe and high-quality patient outcomes within healthcare microsystems.
(l) Create a safe care environment that results in high quality patient outcomes.
(m) Revise the plan of care based on an ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes.
An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major conclusions from the body of your essay. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the pertinent BSN Essential and sub-competencies (AACN, 2008) pertaining to scholarship for evidence-based practice.
Text and Materials used in the course
1. Crisis Intervention Strategies. Author: Richard K. James; Burl E. Gilliland
2. ISBN: 978-1-111-18677-7
3. Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.).
2009 ISBN: 978-1-4338-0561-5.
4. American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Course name: Crisis Intervention Strategies
Description: This course examines the crisis state, what it is, when it occurs and how the nurse can aid the individual, family or group in crisis.
· Crisis theory and techniques, recognition and intervention in crisis events.
· Applicability to all areas of nursing and helping the profession.
• The student will identify the different types of crisis and their impact on the patient safety and health (AACN Essentials, QSEN: safety, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics and patient centered care).
• The student will be able to approach and safely manage patient/families in
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• Focuses on crisis intervention in the context of nursing practice. Areas addressed to theories of crisis.
• Characteristics and classification of crisis.
• Common maturational and situational crisis.
• Stages in various types of crisis.
• Physiological, psychological, and psychosocial responses to crisis.
• Traditional and innovative crisis intervention methods; and national resources for intervention.
• Crisis theory and techniques; recognition and intervention in crisis events,
applicable to all areas of nursing and all helping professions.
Approaching Crisis Intervention Culturally Effective Helping
The Intervention and Assessment Models. The Tools of the Trade
Crisis Case Handling Telephone and Online Crisis Counseling
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Read
Crisis of Lethality
Partner Violence Chemical Dependency: The Crisis of Addiction
Bereavement and Grief
Crises in Schools
Violent Behavior in Institutions
Human Services Workers in Crisis: Burnout, Vicarious Traumatization, and Compassion Fa