Part 1: Primary Response
Within the Discussion Forum area, write in no less than 150 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Technological innovation has produced point-of-sale (POS) systems that are faster, smarter, easier to use and more reliable. Restauranteurs know that having a good point-of-sale system is essential to their business operations.
- Explain how the point-of-sale (POS) systems can achieve order-entry and guest check efficiency.
- Discuss from the list below how a POS investment can offer an advantage to improve operations in an establishment (select a minimum of 3).
- Improved guest check control
- Increased average guest check
- Faster reaction to trends
- Reduced labor cost