Create a poster presentation to communicate an implementation plan to bridge the gap between the evidence you will research and clinical practice
Create a poster presentation to communicate an implementation plan to bridge the gap between the evidence you will research and clinical practice. You will then record audio of no more than five minutes presenting your poster.
You have been asked to give a poster presentation based around your work and research on a clinical problem in your practice setting. The purpose is to lay out the evidence and a potential implementation plan to your colleagues in order to bridge the gap between the evidence and the practice to improve the quality and outcomes of care.
Identify a clinical problem in your work setting and develop an implementation plan to carry out your evidence-based practice proposal using a poster presentation.
Your Implementation Plan should include the following:
· Background on the clinical problem.
· PICOT question.
· Stakeholders that will be impacted.
· Action plan for implementation.
· Potential barriers to project implementation.
· Baseline data that will be needed to evaluate outcomes.
· Search strategy and databases used.
· Summary of the evidence with a critical appraisal of its quality.
The bullet points below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your poster presentation addresses all of them.
· Develop a PICOT question for a chosen clinical problem.
1. Include a graphic that is relevant to the clinical problem.
1. Provide a background on the clinical problem identified.
1. Outline an action plan to implement the EBP project that includes:
2. The recommended practice change.
2. Proposed timeline for implementation.
2. The tools or resources that will be needed to support the project.
1. Identify the stakeholders and potential barriers to project implementation.
3. Who are the stakeholders that will be impacted?
3. What are the potential barriers, such as a lack of knowledge, time, skill level, motivation, or resources that could impact project implementation?
1. Propose outcome criteria to evaluate the evidence-based practice project.
4. How will outcomes be measured?
4. How do your outcomes align with the Quadruple Aim?
1. Evaluate the evidence that supports the need for practice change.
5. In the notes section of your poster presentation:
1. Describe your search strategy and databases that were used.
1. Summarize your findings with a critical appraisal of the quality and relevance of your resources.
· Convey purpose of the poster presentation in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly communication standards.
. Integrates relevant and credible sources of evidence to support assertions, using current APA style.
Before starting to record your presentation make sure you have:
· Set up and tested your microphone and headset using the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. You only need to use the headset if your audio is not clear or high quality when captured by the microphone.
· Practice using the equipment to ensure the audio quality is sufficient.
· Microsoft PowerPoint also allows you to record your narration with your slides. If you choose this option, simply submit your presentation to the appropriate area of the courseroom. Your narration will be included with your stories.
· Font and font size: Appropriate size and weight for a presentation, generally 24–28 points for headings; no smaller than 18 points for bullet-point text. Use a suitable professional typeface, such as Times or Arial, throughout the presentation.
· Length of presentation: No more than five minutes.
· Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3–5 sources of current scholarly or professional evidence that support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans. Current source material is defined as no older than five years unless it is a seminal work.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
***5 Minute presentation needed***