For this Assignment, select one of the topics listed below, research the topic using primary sources, and be sure to respond to the questions. The paper should be 4–5 pages long (body) and should specifically address all parts of the question. Must be ORIGINAL work. No Plagiarism as Turnitin will be checking. Please Follow the Rubric attached and Template for guidelines.
Along with the text, use a minimum of five scholarly journals, books, articles, or other academic sources. You will find many journal articles pertaining to your topic of choice. One reference must be from the text: Berk, L. E. (2014). Development through the lifespan (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
The research paper should:
· Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
· Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
· Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Writing Center for help.
Your Assignment should include:
· Title Page.
· Body of the paper (4–5 pages).
· Reference Page.
Select one of the following for the focus of your paper:
1. Explain the impact of early pregnancy in adolescent females. What developmental issues do they face as a result of the pregnancy?
2. What are the risk factors that are common amongst pregnant teens or those who impregnate?
3. Using one of the developmental theories that you have studied, explain how the adolescent’s self-identity is affected by the pregnancy (could be male or female; be sure to explain).
4. Propose interventions that could be used to reduce the risk of pregnancy with an adolescent who is still experimenting with sex and has not gotten pregnant (or has not impregnated).
1. Explain how emotional intelligence develops in adolescence.
2. What risk factors are common amongst those who fail to develop healthy emotional intelligence?
3. Using one of the developmental theories that you have studied, explain how the adolescent’s self-identity is affected by emotional intelligence.
4. Propose interventions that could be used to reduce the risk to identity formation with an adolescent who has not acquired emotional intelligence.
What are the four main theories of adolescent development?
- Freud’s psychosexual stage theory.
- Erikson’s psychosocial stage theory.
- Kohlberg’s moral understanding stage theory.
- Piaget’s cognitive development stage theory.
- Bronfenbrenner’s ecological systems theory.
The post Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English. appeared first on Blackboard Masters.