Compose a 3- to 5-page essay in which you:
- Describe the theoretical perspective (functionalist, conflict, or interactionist) to which you relate the most and why.
- Briefly describe how the social institution (e.g., family, religion, education, or government) you selected in the Rough Draft Essay Worksheet Assignment and briefly describe how this social institution contributes to the transmission of society’s values.
- Identify and state a problem or issue related to that social institution, and use at least one theoretical perspective to describe the social problem.
- Conduct research to learn more about the problem. Use the information that you find to create evidence to explore the social institution and social problem in the context of a changing society.
- Describe at least one recommendation that you would make to the social institution to encourage positive social change. How could the social problem be better addressed?