Reflect on your family of origin with the following questions in mind:
1. What roles did your family members take as you were growing up?
2. Do you think your family had rigid boundaries, loose boundaries, or boundaries that allowed for healthy communication?
3. Were there predictable patterns of behavior that you could identify in the various members of your family?
4. What would happen if the behavior of a member in your family deviated from expected patterns?
5. Was there a family member who was scapegoated or an identified patient?
6. How did your family handle conflict?
7. When your family experienced periods of stress, how were they handled?
8. What situational crises did you or members of your family experience? How were they handled?
Share your reflections and analysis in narrative form in your initial post to the degree with which you feel comfortable. Be sure to use the concepts from the reading in your response.