In preparing to launch the coffee franchises in China, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia, you are planning to visit each country to interview potential global team members. You know it is important to be aware of the value differences and social customs in each country to develop trusting relationships to avoid potential conflicts. Compare and contrast your approach to doing business and building relationships among the global team members. Apply the readings, Intellipath, and library resources to respond to the following:
- Discuss collectivism and how it applies to China, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia. Explain the role of relationship building in China, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia compared to the United States.
- Explain the cultural value differences in time (monochronic versus polychronic cultures), approaches to decision making (objective or subjective approach), and individualism that could potentially occur during global operations.
- What are some of the nonverbal behavior differences among the countries such as silence, eye contact, body movements, proxemics or interruptions that may affect doing business with your global team?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use Beyond the Book, Web resources, and all course materials.