https://blackboardmasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo2-300x75.png 0 0 Admin https://blackboardmasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo2-300x75.png Admin2021-03-16 11:49:022021-03-21 17:37:04Explain the idea of Second moment of area, and its role in the design calculations;
Explain the idea of Second moment of area, and its role in the design calculations;
- Explain with the aid of a drawing which dimension would affect the second moment of area if you have a rectangular beam subjected to UDL;
- For different sections from real life, i.e. rectangular sections, I sections, C sections, give examples of the determination of the second moment of area ( parallel axis theorem)
- Explain the idea of Young’s modulus, and its role in the design calculations;
- Give examples how the Young’s modulus of a material would affect the behaviour of a structural member subjected to bending;
- Choose three construction materials, compare their stiffness and explain which material would give the least deformation when subjected to external forces.