Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
• You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that explores the relationship between orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and doctoral research. Include the following in your paper:
1. A description of the role of biblical exegesis in the relationship between, orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and research. Does biblical exegesis function more as mediator or moderator in this relationship? Why?
2. A discussion of how researchers can mitigate the influence of their personal assumptions regarding orthodoxy and orthopraxy on the presented results of their research.
3. A discussion of how the presentation of the research results may differ when the assumptions of the researcher are based in contemporary theology rather than orthodox theology. (This item benchmarks program competency 10.5 – evaluate contemporary theology.)