Write a two (2) page paper in which you:
1. Identify the constitutional amendment that would govern Officer Jones’ actions.
2. Analyze the validity and constitutionality of officer’s Jones’ actions.
3. Discuss if Officer Jones’ actions were justified under the doctrines of plain view, abandonment, open fields, or border searches.
4. Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Research and analyze procedures governing the process of arrest through trial.
· Critically debate the Constitutional safeguards of key Amendments with specific attention to the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments.
· Describe the difference between searchers, warrantless searches, and stops.
· Write clearly and concisely about the criminal procedure using proper writing mechanics.